BVI – revised Registry fees effective 1 July 2021
02 Jun 2021
Effective 1 July 2021 certain Registry fees in the BVI will increase - the main changes are as follows:
- A US$75 fee will be introduced for filing the first register of directors, required to be filed within 21 days of appointment. There was previously no Registry fee associated with this filing on incorporation.
- The Registry will only issue digital certificates as standard going forward: an additional US$50 fee will be payable where an original paper certificate is required. This applies to the certificate of incorporation, as well as certificates of good standing and other Registry certificates (dissolution, discontinuation etc).
- The cost of every new company incorporation will increase by US$75 – additional register of directors filing cost (bear in mind that even if a new company is incorporated in June 2021, if the register of directors is not filed before the end of June the additional US$75 Registry fee will be payable after 1 July 2021).
- Optional additional US$50 fee if you wish to receive a paper original certificate of incorporation for a new company/certificate of registration for a limited partnership.
- When placing orders for certificates going forward consider if you need to receive a registry original paper certificate – an additional US$50 fee per certificate. For efficiency please be clear as to your requirements when placing your order.